Are polarizer worth buying? For landscape photography.

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
rurikw Senior Member • Posts: 2,000
Re: Are polarizer worth buying? For landscape photography.

imperial wrote:

I've been getting some mix information here. Some says that it isn't really worth drop light from 2 stops and post lightroom work could mimic the effect of polarizer.
The one reason that might push me to purchase one is because of the information underlying from the glare light that i want to pick up.
Please let me know what you guys think and the reason with it. Also what brands are good besides LEE's?
Thanks all Shooters,

At one time I used to have my polarizer practically permanently on the camera (fixed lens) but nowadays use it rarely. Some effects such as deep blue skies can be at least partly mimicked in post but others such as reducing reflections cannot. I'd definitely consider it worth getting. LensTip recently had a test of the top brands and some not so top. Hoya got best marks but others were not far behind. I have found my Hoyas to scratch quite easily. It probably doesn't affect IQ visibly but got a B+W to compare. Can't say yet if there's a difference.

rurikw's gear list:rurikw's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 5000 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Sigma DP1 Merrill Sigma DP2 Merrill Sigma DP3 Merrill +26 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow