What are the wide FF lenses with very fast AF to cope with the 12fps burst?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
MediaArchivist
MediaArchivist Veteran Member • Posts: 4,509
Re: Tamron 15-30/2.8

AkashRana wrote:

MediaArchivist wrote:

AkashRana wrote:

Tamron 15-30mm could be another option but it has limitations when used with A99ii

I have been using this lens with my a99ii for a few months and i have not found any limitations specific to the a99ii. It works exactly as I expected it to, and I use it mostly at 15mm and wide open.

No. of available AF points is one problem,

That is not a problem with the a99ii, as the lens has as many (if not more) available AF points on the a99ii than that lens has on any other camera.

but the main problem with third party lenses is focusing inconsistency.

That has not been my experience. I have Sony/Zeiss, Minolta, Sigma, and Tamron lenses and I don't find any inconsistency that correlates to brand.

I had Tamron 70-300 USD and it behaved very good most of the times but at times focus would miss a bit. No such problem with my Sony 70-400, which i believe is due to reverse engineered protocols for A-mount by third parties.

The Sony 70-400 is roughly twice the price of the Tamron 70-300

Over the years I bought multiple third party lenses or tried them, but those little inconsistencies made me switch to Sony mostly.

Interesting. I can certainly understand your past experiences guiding your future choices.

-- hide signature --

Want a roXplosion!?

MediaArchivist's gear list:MediaArchivist's gear list
Sony a99 II Sony 135mm F1.8 ZA Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* Sony 135mm F2.8 (T4.5) STF Sony 24mm F2 SSM Carl Zeiss Distagon T* Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM Art +22 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow