Best Editing Software for PC

Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
DMKAlex
DMKAlex Veteran Member • Posts: 4,005
Re: Best Editing Software for PC

Off The Mark wrote:

DMKAlex wrote:

Both are laptop with i7-3720QM 2.6 ghz processor and i7-3630QM with 12 gb ram. The GPU is Intel HD4000 on both.

The processor is on par with the latest consumer i7 like the 8550U (Intel spent the last few years lightening the weight and energy efficiency instead of power) and the graphic card, I admit, is not ideal for video editing.

However, I have no problem processing 4K in PPCC in ingest/proxy mode.

Ahhh... ok. I think that Premiere is designed to work better with the onboard graphics (the HD4000) than Resolve is, and that Resolve is designed to work with the CUDA cores of NVidia graphics cards.

Sorry about that. If I had realized that you were using the HD4000 I wouldn't have suggested Resolve.

Initially I thought it was the 4K plus the slow GPU that causes the problem with Resolve. I shot some 720p footages in very low bitrate for testing. Same sluggish jerky playback.

I guess Resolve just doesn't like non-dedicated GPU.

DMKAlex's gear list:DMKAlex's gear list
Sony RX100 IV Nikon D800 Nikon AF Nikkor 20mm f/2.8D Nikon AF-S Nikkor 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR Sigma 150-600mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM | S +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
pgb
BAK
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow