Can you check my sensor for me

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
biggles266 Senior Member • Posts: 1,061
Can you check my sensor for me

Hi, I bought a used 6D recently, and I was experimenting with pinhole photography and noticed lots of marks on the sensor, in the same place every photo. I took a photo of a white wall to show them clearly here (you'll need to view at 100%):

I hadn't seen those kind of marks showing up in digital photos before, so I tried air-blowing the sensor, a very few of them disappeared, but almost all didn't. So I tried taking a photo of the wall using f22 on a normal lens, and got this:

and here's a photo of a different white wall, just to be thorough:

Am I right in assuming that this is just standard dust on the sensor, which I hadn't noticed till now (I've been shooting at wider apertures), and when doing the pinhole photography, it just made the dust look different to usual - like small doughnut rings - because the aperture was so tiny, and it showed so many of them because that same tiny aperture will show up every single speck of dust you wouldn't normally notice?

Normally I buy camera bodies new, and am very careful to keep them clean, so I've honestly never had dust on a sensor before, except for one speck that I easily air blew off. Since it hasn't cleared by the camera doing its sensor shake thing, or by me using the air blower, does that mean it needs a wet clean? If so, can you recommend to me what product is good to use on the 6D sensor? Or should I be getting a pro to do it since it's risky?

Thanks.

biggles266's gear list:biggles266's gear list
Canon EOS M Canon EOS 6D Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM +14 more
Canon EOS 6D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow