Insect in camera, but where??

Started 3 weeks ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
saurabhk9 New Member • Posts: 7
Insect in camera, but where??

Help! There is a tiny insect somewhere inside my camera and I am not sure how to remove it. I have a Canon 6D, and when I view from my viewfinder, I can see a tiny insect on the top left corner. The insect does not appear on any photographs. The insect does not appear on LCD if I switch to LCD mode. If I turn off the camera, I can still see it within the viewfinder. I checked and could not see a physical insect on the outside of the viewfinder. I removed the lens, and could not immediately see an insect. I tried removing the lens, locking the mirror and then also could not see any insect right away. I used the air blower bulb to blow air but still the insect is there.

I have attached a photograph of what I am seeing inside the viewfinder, as shot from my phone.

Does anybody have any suggestions what I can try? Trying to avoid taking the camera to shop who may charge a high cost, and wanted to first check what all I can try at my end.

saurabhk9's gear list:saurabhk9's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Tamron SP 24-70mm F2.8 Di VC USD
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 6D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow