Buy 6D or stick with Sony A6000?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
CoachSpencer New Member • Posts: 1
Buy 6D or stick with Sony A6000?

After some lousy experimentation with film SLRs 20 years ago, I decided a year ago I wanted a camera better than my phone for landscapes, track and cross country meets, waterfalls, maybe wildlife, maybe some macro garden shots... I run really long distances in the woods and one big priority was something small enough to carry in a pack when I ran. I went with the Sony A6000 and have been very happy and in the process, "got more serious" about photography. I coach high school cross country and track and found myself taking pictures at most of our meets for our team Instagram account but also occasionally uploading 1000+ photos from a meet to a website that covers the sport. It bugs me the lens selection for Sony is limited and expensive and it'll never be full frame. I plan on keeping my A6000 to run with. I have a couple of EF lenses and an adapter for the Sony but AF is really slow with the adapter and there's no continuous AF with the adapted lens. Looking into full frame options I keep coming back to the 6D (not Sony A7 bc I'd have to buy new lenses) but the one thing I really want the camera for- sports and wildlife seem to be the biggest weak spot for the 6D.

My question is if sports is a priority would it be a wise move to 6D and deal with the focusing issues I read about or stick to the APS-C camera I'm happy with other than low light image quality (a lot of our meets run into the evening) and lens selection? Thanks in advance.

Canon EOS 6D Sony a6000 Sony Alpha a7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow