Gold award and glowing review of Sony A7III on DPR

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ActionPhotoPassion Contributing Member • Posts: 657
Re: Gold award and glowing review of Sony A7III on DPR

Dave Oddie wrote:

Douglas F Watt wrote:

I haven't shot with this camera, but I'm struck by how willing DPR is to overlook some of its faults because it's got great high ISO and from their point of view great autofocus.

I think DPR lost it's objectivity the day Phil Askey sold it.

I still remain astonished at the paltry attempt at a review of the A99II they published. When it was launched 42mp with frame rates for continuous shooting etc were still rare but it got past over with the review a seeming inconvenience and a chore to produce.

They shot virtually the entire review in the wrong AF mode which said to me they were simply not interested in finding out how to shoot the camera properly. It was very brief (9 pages v 13 for the Sony A7III) and such differently structured reviews show a lack of consistency in methodology.

Actually I love this.

That leaves plenty of room to A-mounters to show what the system is capable of in real world and in charts.

I have made some videos on A7r2 with A-mount lenses but still didn't find the time to edit them... I'm eager to receive my A99ii to make the first comparisons and then I'll rent an A7R3 to make more comparisons... Problem => time / agenda

And renting an A7R3 is far way easier than renting an A99ii, meaning that mainly only the owners of the camera are able to do the fully extensive comparisons

ActionPhotoPassion's gear list:ActionPhotoPassion's gear list
Konica Minolta Maxxum 7D Sony SLT-A58 Sony a77 II Sony a99 II Sony 500mm F8 Reflex +15 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
osu
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow