Rokinon 12mm f2 or Fuji 10-24 f/4...?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
OP sirhawkeye64 Senior Member • Posts: 1,901
Re: Have both lenses. For this scenario I would go 10-24

JNR wrote:

Keep in mind that I had the same recommendation in my first post in this thread (about halfway up). You need the 10-24 versatility for various interior configurations. (I don't see the need to go wider, such as 8-16 because the perspective gets so weird at super-wide.)

My last comment just above was related to the MF issue. Folks should not eliminate the Sam/Rok 12mm based on lack of AF alone given the ease of using good focus aids. Not getting the f-stop in EXIF is my biggest gripe - but not a huge deal either.

Yeah, I'm starting to think that the versatility of the 10-24 might outweigh any cost/size benefit of the Rokinon.  Plus, it is nice that it does overlap with my 18-55 in terms of focal range, so I won't have to switch lenses on/off constantly (as many of my shots are in the wider focal range for about half of my work).

I've used the 10-24 before and was satisfied with it (it was a rented lens).

sirhawkeye64's gear list:sirhawkeye64's gear list
Nikon D750 Fujifilm X-T2 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +10 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
afm
v30
JNR
JNR
JNR
JNR
JNR
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow