Canon IP4700 can't print nozzle check

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
TKR99 New Member • Posts: 1
Canon IP4700 can't print nozzle check

I've a rather aging Canon IP4700 which has suddenly decided it doesn't want to print nozzle check patterns. When asked to do so, it sounds as if the paper roller or similar is moving but without the usual noises of it loading paper (from the rear) and then it flashes the error orange light - when that's cancelled it goes off & does a cart clean - this happens every single time you request the nozzle check or a test print etc.  It never actually pulls paper in to even start.

So I opened up the Service check program and managed to get both a Test Print & Nozzle print done from within it ok but the printer is still acting weird under "normal" settings i.e. just using the normal Canon print box for sending print instructions.

It's printing ok but rather hit & miss i.e. I might be able to print in full colour on plain paper but then if I ask it to use glossy photo it suddenly starts missing a colour (usually blue) so I've been trying to ascertain whether it's a cartridge issue or something else.  All other prints to plain paper seem fine.  I believe there can be an issue sometimes with printing on glossy papers?

I refill my own carts & have also recently just changed to an older but still working print head after my previous one got damaged during cleaning.

Is there any hope I can maybe do something to try & fix this minor issue or is it likely to be a sign the printers heading to printer heaven?

Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow