Rokinon 12mm f2 or Fuji 10-24 f/4...?

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
sirhawkeye64 Senior Member • Posts: 1,750
Rokinon 12mm f2 or Fuji 10-24 f/4...?

I'm looking to get a wide angle, and wanted to get some input/advice.

These are the two lensees I'm considering (Fuji 10-24 and Rokinon 12mm f/2 manual focus).

The manual focus doesn't bother me as much because I have my XT2 set for focus assist in MF mode (enlarges the center of the frame) plus I have focus peaking on.

The 10-24 is nice because it has AF, OIS and is a zoom, giving a little more flexibility (versus the Rokinon wich is basically a prime lens).

I would mainly be using this lens for interiors, so the f/2 on the Rokinon is a definite plus, but it might be more difficult to pull of quick shots since it's a manual focus lens.

Tough decision I guess.  What are most people going with?

The Rokinon is obviously about 1/3 of the price of the Fuji,, and probably weighs less, but then there's the MF and no OIS.

I can technically afford the Fuji, but wanted to see what other people thought about the Rokinon over the Fuji in terms of optical performance, despite Rokinon being a MF lens and lacking a few other features...

sirhawkeye64's gear list:sirhawkeye64's gear list
Nikon D750 Fujifilm X-T2 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +9 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
afm
v30
JNR
JNR
JNR
JNR
JNR
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow