A Real Picasa Alternative?

Started May 30, 2018 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
picktherighttoolforthejob Forum Member • Posts: 61
A Real Picasa Alternative?

I am a reasonably competent user of Photoshop (CS3, to be precise).

My go-to desktop do-it-all for all things photos, though, has been, for years...Picasa.

Google is finally killing off Picasa's functionality as far as living in the space between desktop and cloud--as of a couple of days ago it became impossible to sign into my gmail account from within Picasa.

I have a feeling that those who criticize Picasa didn't use it the way I did...in combination with Photoshop, Picasa was, and in some ways, remains...excellent.

I would pay for an updated fully-functional Picasa, or software that does what it did.

I'm not talking about Picasaweb (which I also used, but was killed off awhile back).

I want software on my desktop that allows me to do what I found simple and straightforward with Picasa from within the software, including emailing a single photo or emailing a group of photos. I've already developed a bit of a workaround but right now I'm kinda mad.

And Google Photos is not the same thing as Picasa--not even close as it doesn't try to do the same thing: it is almost as if Google higher-ups realize that anything that they do MUST be cloud-centered--Picasa is/was not.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Jim
Jim
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow