Geotagging question

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
bullet1 Veteran Member • Posts: 7,092
Re: Synccing time

Wayne Larmon wrote:

bullet1 wrote:

I am a fan of the dedicated GPS logger also. How do you keep the time accurate on all cameras for the tagged GPS locations to be meaningful?

I manually set each camera to match my Pixel 2's clock before shooting. I am the only one shooting and that is close enough to keep everything in sync.

Wayne

This approach works well with DLP by using the camera time offsets. The trick is to download those clock shots first to determine the time offset (in seconds) from the Exif.

With your help, I now have a much simplified workflow of geotagging by using DLP to do geotagging and time correction. DLP can read the GP-E2 log files (NMEA 0183 format) directly which is a huge timer saver.

What I would like to do is to download all images to the hard drive once with DLP and locate clock shots.  Then use DLP to copy already downloaded images to another hard drive location and tag them.  However DLP tries to run the camera image file name mapping again during copy which messes up the file names.

Is there a way to turn off the camera image file name mapping during copy?

-- hide signature --

Nelson Chen
http://NelsonChenPhotography.com/
100% RAW shooter with Capture One Pro V11

bullet1's gear list:bullet1's gear list
Panasonic FZ1000 Canon PowerShot G5 X Canon EOS 6D Sony a6000 Canon EOS M5 +21 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow