Interpolation and printing larger 16 x 20 or larger

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Better-DY Junior Member • Posts: 45
Interpolation and printing larger 16 x 20 or larger

Have gotten some helpful input on printing here so thank you for the forum participants for that thus far.  I had a follow-up question related to preserving finer detail and dynamic range with a MF3 file shot in raw with which I would appreciate help or clarification.  If one is printing in Adobe LR, and printing larger prints does one have to (should one) export file to a tiff and then re-synch LR / or use PS to print, and use the exported (presumably interpolated file) for the physical printing ... or alternatively when one selects 16x20 or super A3 or whatever directly in page set-up in LR (skipping the export step described above) does LR itself in the print function interpolate the file in rendering it to print?  I ask because I have tried a couple and samples that look very good without the export comparing them, but I don't know if I am fooling myself here or just getting an atypically better result with a very good quality file to begin with.  Thanks.

Better-DY's gear list:Better-DY's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM Art Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 12-32mm F3.5-5.6 Mega OIS Panasonic Leica DG Summilux 15mm F1.7 ASPH +2 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow