***Mini Challenge - Blue***

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Chaplain Mark
Chaplain Mark Senior Member • Posts: 3,132
Re: Blue Exhibition - Canadian Air Force CF-18 Demonstrator for 2108

gloaming wrote:

Thanks, Mark. We are lucky, locally. At least, some of us think so. A few complain in letters to the editor due to the noise. Our community annually hosts a glider flying school for air cadets each summer. The tow planes can be an irritation because their props are noisy, admittedly, but the camps have to be somewhere.

Also, and more to the point, each April both the Canadian Forces Snowbirds aerobatic team (who fly all the way from home base, Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan on the prairies) and the CF-18 demonstrator are here for two full weeks of coastal flight practice. They need to spend time over water for depth perception.

We get two or more shows from each entity, the aerobatic Tutor jets in formation, and the thundering and thrilling dart that is the CF-18, each day. Again, it's noisy, and there are complaints that another back yard should have to host them. For photogs, it's an opportunity.

-Crandell

That's very cool, Crandell,

About a year ago, my wife and I and another couple took a weekend trip to San Francisco, where we stumbled upon and exhibition air show of the Blue Angels, over Fisherman's Wharf.

What a show that was...!!   I managed to capture a few nice shots with the G3X.

Chaplain Mark's gear list:Chaplain Mark's gear list
Canon G3 X Canon PowerShot G5 X
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow