Lens upgrade path (a6000)

Started 4 weeks ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
G Auger New Member • Posts: 6
Lens upgrade path (a6000)

I am looking for some advice on an upgrade path for my lens/camera body.

I currently own an a6000, Sony 50mm 1.8 and the Sony 16-50 kit lens.
I would say I mostly use the kit lens unless I know I am taking some headshots.

I will be going on a trip soon and I am looking to pick up a new lens that could do something 50~100mm. I first was going to go with the kit 55-210 just because of the price/value but then I noticed the new 18-135 and realized it could even replace my 16-50.

Most of my pictures will be outside, during the day with good light(hopefully) of buildings, monuments, city stuff with some possible countryside pictures.

I have about $800 budget give or take.

I am very interested in Sigma lenses and I did buy the 60mm 2.8 previously, however, I shoot handheld a lot and no OSS kind of was a dealbreaker. I returned it and grabbed the Sony 50 1.8 and never looked back. With IBIS on the a6300/6500 bodies I was contemplating upgrading to that to let me use a lot of the non-sony lenses but doing that would probably cost about $500 to trade up leaving me with only $300 for lenses(although being a future investment for more lenses).

I would also be interested in something that works well in low light indoors but this is not a priority. I do not shoot video only stills.

I have my final gear set kind of decided I just don't know which path I should take to get to it.

1. Upgrade Body A6500(or 6300)
2. Sony 18-135
3. Good Prime somewhere in between 20-35
4. Wide lens for the 10-18 range, prime would be fine as well

Any ideas on what I should be prioritizing? Thanks!

ANSWER:
Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow