Hello - I just bought GX85 its possible connect the camera to Pc with WIFI and not USB cable?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Walt Palmer
Walt Palmer Contributing Member • Posts: 770
Re: Hello - I just bought GX85 its possible connect the camera to Pc with WIFI and not USB cable?

James Stirling wrote:

Walt Palmer wrote:

James Stirling wrote:

Aberaeron wrote:

A1ex-k wrote:

Thanks!

Only for the desperate who enjoy geeky challenges.

For all others, don’t bother, it’s not worth the hassle. There’s more to life than stuffing mushrooms.

great answer a good memory card reader is the way to go . Stuffed mushrooms are great if someone else is doing the stuffing , any way got to go I have a bunch of grapes to peel

True, but a card reader is not tethering. I can't imagine a seminar or a studio session with an art director without some sort of tethered capture. Wifi is nice in that it eliminates the wires - your insurance agent thanks you. A distracted AD tripping and crashing a computer or a camera is a surefire way to lose a client. A seminar where you take a shot and walk over to the computer to load the image so the class can see it, would be greeted with snores I fear. Not stuffing mushrooms but practical working solutions.

The OP never mentioned tethering for a studio session with an art director, not I suspect a particularly common occurrence with brand new GX85 owners I was a working under the assumption that they were just wanting to transfer their photos. Maybe the OP will respond to the thread and elaborate on what he wants

I found his original post very clear. My first reply told him it was possible and had a variety of options that would be useful. Since then we have been dragged into the tangent of whether or not tethering is useful or as good as ... But the OP has nothing to clarify, he's fine, we did this to ourselves.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow