Panasonic GX with lower MP?

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
OP kravemir Regular Member • Posts: 165
Re: Panasonic GX with lower MP?

Astrotripper wrote:

kravemir wrote:

Looking at GH5S, and having GX80, and taking lots of shoots indoors in low light,... I thought, that GX camera with lower resolution, might be a great family camera. It would be a good tool to capture photos in any conditions...

Lower resolution sensor will not help you all that much for stills.

Why not? Lower resolution means bigger pixel size,.. And, sensors with bigger pixel size, usually have got lower noise, when considering sensors released within same year.

And, I really hate to use flash, because it produces bright people with dark backgrounds, very unnatural look.

Get a proper external flash and learn to use it. It is the single most effective way of making the indoor photos look great.

I only used flash integrated within GX80, and... photos were crappier, than noisy photos taken with high ISO.

Often the problem with indoor spaces is that the light is just crappy. And by that I don;t mean low intensity. And no amount of fast glass or sensor area can fix crappy light. Good light is what fixes crappy light. So make your light, and you'll get good photos in any conditions.

What does crappy light mean? Low luminance compared to room size? Or, LED-based lighting, or neons, instead of classical old bulbs?

-- hide signature --

Use devices as tools to create a value,.. Otherwise, turn device off and enjoy beautiful moments of an analog life!

kravemir's gear list:kravemir's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 12-32mm F3.5-5.6 Mega OIS Panasonic Lumix G 42.5mm F1.7
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow