Why don't they make a real basic point and shoot with great IQ.

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Trevor Carpenter
Trevor Carpenter Forum Pro • Posts: 15,123
Why don't they make a real basic point and shoot with great IQ.

My other half has a Panasonic TZ25 which she never takes off IA except to do the occasional panorama. She has no idea about anything to do with cameras other than she has to press the shutter to take a picture. IA nearly always works for her and she wants nothing else. She has sensor dirt. We had it cleaned once and don't really want to do it again as she has had it for a few years so she said find her a new one.

Trouble is I feel that every camera I can get her is overkill. What I'd like to get her is the simplest possible camera but I don't want cheap plastic lens IQ. She'd like a zoom but apart from that her only absolute must have is a shutter button. Any thoughts?

-- hide signature --

Recent and not so recent pictures here https://trevorc28a.wixsite.com/trevspics

Trevor Carpenter's gear list:Trevor Carpenter's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic G85 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-140mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH. / Power O.I.S +1 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS15 (Lumix DMC-TZ25)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow