The Heart of the City....Moncton, N.B.

Started 3 months ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
DHAPhotography
DHAPhotography Regular Member • Posts: 424
The Heart of the City....Moncton, N.B.

I live here for 5 months of each year. It is a clean, modern and diverse city according to most terms of description. Its leaders promote the city's quality of life advantages. The truth be known, there is an underbelly as there is with most cities of similar size in Canada and America. Since my return, I have noticed a change from 15 years ago. There's a growing class of the disenfranchised, as I suspect there is everywhere. Panhandling on city streets, tattooed youngsters unemployed and walking the streets and living in squalid downtown dwellings. Half way houses are but a block of Main Street.  A good friend says I wouldn't believe the opioid crisis in the city. He says his daughter is seeing exponentially more rehab patients than 2 years past. Here's an image. I believe it tells a story. It's 770 Main Street, the largest building in the downtown. The fellow in the image is but one of many walking the downtown. Best. Don

DHAPhotography's gear list:DHAPhotography's gear list
Pentax K-3 Fujifilm X-E2 Pentax K-1 Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +2 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow