Canon 7D (MARK 1 cropped) and Canon EF 50mm F/1.4 USM

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Myrgjorf Regular Member • Posts: 354
Re: Canon 7D (MARK 1 cropped) and Canon EF 50mm F/1.4 USM

Isasa74 wrote:

Hi guys,

I'm new so first of all thanks to everybody for this wonderful Forum.

I've just started using a Reflex and l would need please to have few suggestions about optimal settings for :

• Day Street Photos with both still and moving subjects.
• Low Light Street Photos indoor and outdoor

The City would be SHANGHAI

Like already stated in the subject line I have a Canon 7D + Canon EF 50mm F/1.4 USM

Important:

• Please when/if answering consider that I DON'T want to buy any new lens/Camera I just need to use what I have at its best.

• Please keep in mind that I'm absolutely new so be patient and explain things step by step

Thanks in advance!!

Your Canon 7D + Canon EF 50mm F/1.4 USM is at great kit to learn photography because you have to learn good technique in order to get great results. However, you must practice and be patient. The gear will give you great results when you learn to master it. You don't have image stabilization, zoom and great tolerance for exposure failures, which may make photographers lazy.

Here are some guides to start with:

https://digital-photography-school.com/megapost-learning-how-to-use-your-first-dslr/

and

https://digital-photography-school.com/ultimate-guide-photography-beginners/

Both pages has links to more specialized guides ready to help you when you have learned the basics.

-- hide signature --

Oh no! He should know by now that "equivalence" is a forbidden word for APS-C but perfectly allowed for 1” Sonys, compact cameras, smartphones and maybe even for M43s.

Myrgjorf's gear list:Myrgjorf's gear list
Sony RX100 Olympus TG-5 Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EOS-1D X Mark II Canon EOS M50 +17 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow