R2400 Head failure?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
johnpeeay Regular Member • Posts: 151
R2400 Head failure?

Last year I bought a used R2400 in excellent condition, nice and clean inside and was printing really well all for only £50 here in UK. Now a problem has developed. Ink appears to be draining through the printhead. Currently I have power off and moved the head along and find that if left in that position for even a few minutes, puddles of mostly magenta ink are being deposited on the carriage sponges. There is also evidence of lots of ink being deposited on the far left sponge pads and also around the right hand side capping station. Most of the ink cartridges are now empty apart from Pk and Y . Printer was unused last week since we were on holiday. Faulty head or could it be the cartridges not seating properly - but note they are all clicking down into place as they should,  that is the question. I have a spare set of refillables so could fill them later today and swap to see if it makes a difference. Very much looking forward to reading your comments on this behaviour.

John Archer

Edinburgh

UK

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow