Malwarebytes can byte you

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
bmoag Senior Member • Posts: 1,666
Malwarebytes can byte you

I have been using Malwarebytes for years and there have been notable times when it eradicated what my highly rated paid for antivirus programs let in.

Routine MWB scans generally just turn up innocuous ad trackers that will be back as soon as you fire up your browser.

Unfortunately there is a bug in Malwarebytes such that after it quarantines whatever it says it finds it can break access to your computer. It appears to somehow destroy/alter the user accounts as you can not get past the sign in screen or even get to that point. There are some tools which might help but usually not. Even Malwarebytes recommends you uninstall the program if that happens, in the event you regain access to your computer, but of course they also recommend a reinstall.

Do a web search on inability to boot Win 10 after running Malwarebytes if interested and you doubt this is real and affects paid and unpaid versions.

It should not be difficult to guess why I am posting this. It never happened to me until it did.

Another reason to routinely clone or image your hard drive because it is much easier to restore than reinstall.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow