How to make the M50 articulating M50 screen stay lit

Started 7 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
User0216108435 New Member • Posts: 9
How to make the M50 articulating M50 screen stay lit

I am looking for a setting at which I can make the LCD screen stay on my M50 on when I want to use it.  Is there one?

Each time I use it (and it's worse outdoors) it goes dark any time I get my hand anywhere near it, whether it's my right hand or my left hand approaching it from the left. I can see why it could just as well go dark if I'm using the viewfinder, but if I get my hand anywhere near the LCD screen, or if I pull the camera close to my belly so I can hold the thing steady to get a shot from shoetop level, or even belt level, it goes dark. One of the main reasons I wanted an articulating screen is so I can get those shots without putting  my head down on the ground and crawling through poison ivy on my stomach.  But it does me no good if the LCD screen goes dark anytime I try to use it that way.

I've looked through the settings and manual for something that will force the LCD screen to stay on when the articulating screen is pulled out, but with no luck so far.

I'm also starting to wonder if I have a defective camera.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS M50 (EOS Kiss M)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow