It's always an adventure

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
TLZiegler Forum Member • Posts: 51
It's always an adventure

With a new camera. I just got an FZ300 and so far really like it a lot compared to my previous FZ200. Focus is faster. Burst mode is faster. EVF is brighter. Manual focus is better. Today I was playing around with autobracketing. the FZ200 could only do 3 steps. The FZ300 will do 7. With this much bracketing, if the object is in focus, you will probably get at least one good exposure. I've tried HDR, but without a tripod and high zoom, it is hard to avoid artifacts from camera or subject movement. The images attached are exposures 1, 3, 7. The shots were taken into the sun and the background was a pond. I am faced with this environment a lot because I take pictures of dragonflies. When they perch, you hope for the best before they fly away. I don't make prints. I share on Facebook or here so the noise from the small sensor noise doesn't matter that much. These are pretty much straight from the camera Jpegs with a bit of cropping. I am pleased with the results.

shot 1. iso-100, f4, 1/640

shot 3. iso-100, f4, 1/400

shot 7 . iso-100, f3.5, 1/250

TLZiegler's gear list:TLZiegler's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS50 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow