Got a cable remote for your 5d? please test this for me.

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
peterforum New Member • Posts: 1
Got a cable remote for your 5d? please test this for me.

Hi,

I have an issue relating to dropped frames while timelapsing. I'm using an edelkrone slider and motor with the whole thing sync'd through their app, signals to the camera are sent via cable from the motor (which receives instructions from the app) to the N3 remote control terminal.

I know the edelkrone system is working ok because the entire shoot executes fine if I am using only the viewfinder to watch the live progress of the shoot. If I illuminate the screen this all changes. I get frames dropped at about 1 every 7, sometimes more sometimes less. During the dropped frames all the rest of the gear advances as it should. Slider moves forward, app advances etc. For those not familiar with the edelkrone kit, the app sends an instruction packet to the motor at the start of the shoot. No communication during the shoot unless I change something - so not a comms issue.

I've tried it with both my 5d mk 2  and mk 3. Both have very fast cards, only shooting jpegs anyway so doubt its a processing issue.

I'd be grateful if anyone with an N3 terminal remote cable would try shooting a sequence of pics - say every 5 secs for a minute - both with and without the screen illuminated and let me know if there are any issues.

Has anyone with different slider remote systems experienced anything like this?

Many thanks everyone.

Peter

Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow