I need a videocamera for all-day footage in rugged conditions

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
WalterJ1959 Regular Member • Posts: 407
Re: I need a videocamera for all-day footage in rugged conditions

international wrote:

As part of a research project in a foreign country, I need to equip a local research assistant with a videocamera that can record work activities by small groups of people working in a relatively confined space. The people will be working for 10-12 hours, and we need continuous footage of their efforts.

One challenge is that the site is subject to occasional downpours, so waterproofing is an important consideration. Ideally, the camera would work with a tripod, which will be set up by the assistant.

The video quality does not need to be great -- what you see on security cameras would be adequate for what we're trying to accomplish. Data storage is a modest concern, mostly in terms of storing months of footage on a single hard drive.

At the end of the day, it would also be very helpful if we were able to easily transfer the video files from the camera to the computer & hard drive, perhaps with a USB connection or microSD.

Is this possible?

This sounds like a video surveillance project not video for a feature production since you want to record a month of 10-12 hour work days in a small room.  I think their are constant video surveillance systems that can do this.

WalterJ1959's gear list:WalterJ1959's gear list
Sony Alpha a7R III Canon EF 135mm F2L USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM Art +4 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow