Latest AF-P 18-55mm

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ShutterDude Contributing Member • Posts: 536
Latest AF-P 18-55mm

I'm still amazed at the image quality / sharpness of this "cheap" lens.  Is it just me (my eyes) or can someone else agree with this observation?  Yes, it does look ridiculous on my D500 given its size, but I'm challenged to depart from it.  I would consider the Sigma 17-50mm f2.8 since it'll be a better weight balance on the D500,  but not sure if the IQ would be matched or if it'll be even better.  For me, I don't think it's worthwhile to upgrade if it's going to be the same.  Taking into consideration f2.8 offering, which I probably don't need.

I had the 16-80mm, but gave it back and got my money back...it had problems with decentering, and I didn't want to chance the same headache.  I heard from others who shared the same issues.   It is a great lens for sure, and I can pick up a 16-85mm way over half the price but I can't recall if this lens is just as good.

Nikon D500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow