Will this impact DPR as well ?

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
Teila Day
Teila Day Veteran Member • Posts: 4,560
No tax .. really?

justmeMN wrote:

"In its annual report filed to the SEC in February 2018, Amazon estimated that not only would the company not be paying anything in 2017 federal income taxes, but it would be getting a $137 million tax refund."

Hmm... So how much more did the IRS rake in because of Amazon employing people? $0.00? I don't think so, but people conveniently don't think of that reality.

Do you have any data showing the how much total monies Amazon workers (located worldwide) paid in applicable state and federal income tax in addition to the dollar amount that the IRS collected from all the businesses doing business with Amazon... that was attributed to Amazon.

How much does all that equal in dollars? ... have states and communities benefitted greatly from Amazon? Has the Federal government collected more than it would've had Amazon not existed as a by-product of highly paid Amazon worker as opposed to business that employ nearly only people who get all of their taxes refunded?

"For Seattle, the initial result should be another $45 million in the city's coffers each year to build low-cost housing and to aid the homeless — problems that many in the city feel have been exacerbated by the influx of thousands of highly-paid tech workers at Amazon who have driven up rents and pushed out lower income residents."

That's life. Between 2004 and 2007 property taxes went through the roof in Newport News, Virginia + surrounding area, many people had to sell their homes and move because they couldn't afford to live there. That's freaking life! When things get to expensive, you move your behind to a lower costing parcel of geography, not sit and complain as if someone owes you anything. No one owes you, me or anyone else a darn thing. Nada, zilch! You live where you can afford it.

That's just how the cookie crumbles, either you can afford it or you can't. If you can, great! If you can't, move your behind to more fiscally comfortable pastures. It's not rocket science.  This is the exact kind of behavior that leads to an entire generation of youth today not having the emotional, or psychological coping skills to do anything... they can't even attend a college lecture that they don't agree with unless they have "safe space" to run to!  ... and that's university students!  I'd give the rod to my grandkids if they sniveled half as much.

Thankfully many young mentally and emotionally strong women are waking up and smelling the coffee and coming to the realization that if you want something done, then relying on yourself is the best bet if you want the surest bet possible.

Amazon has contempt for the needs of society. All they care about is keeping every penny to themselves.

By virtue of having employees means that they aren't keeping "every penny to themselves" as you incorrectly state in the light of people all over the world monetizing through Amazon.

... and what does Amazon's personal / business sentiments have anything to do with your life? Nothing is what. When Amazon, Apple, HP et al, were trying to make their way in this world, was the common man breaking open his wallet trying to help them out? No.

People have the darn nerve wanting a hand out from Corporate America... that's the job of the church.

What I have an utter contempt for are ungrateful whining people (I'm not referring to anyone in particular) who think others are obligated to shoulder their financial burden because they think people are entitled to the hard earned monies of others.

... When "L" freezes!

A first year accounting major could probably find where Seattle wastes more than $45m over a 5 year period.

-- hide signature --

Teila K. Day
http://teiladay.com

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow