Slide Conversion Camera w/ Macro vs. Scanner

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
nutshellml Regular Member • Posts: 127
Slide Conversion Camera w/ Macro vs. Scanner

So I brought some slides for conversion, I got them back and fairly happy with them.  It's hard to tell how clear they should be (I'm doing them for a relative) Meaning the results weren't super sharp, maybe due to the year 60s or camera shake, some look great some no.  There was no image clean up or color correction that i noticed.  From the import it looks like they did the majority of them at 1/500s f5.6 and ISO varying from 125-500, approximate 2300dpi.  I paid about $.50 per slide during their once a year sale, this was done at a local store as I do not want to send slides out.

My questions..

• A macro lens w/ a Canon rebel or a Scanner provide better quality?  (There's another local store that appears to scan them and uses Digital ICE)
  •  Knowing that i don't want to send them out, would you recommend having them scanned vs using the macro lens? the cost at each store appears to be approximately the same.

I'm not planning on Printing or blowing any up.  Maybe print a few select slides here and there.

Any advice appreciated, and if anyone recommends, I'm not going to do them myself

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow