Pelicans

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Newbie Phewbie Senior Member • Posts: 1,097
Pelicans

There seem to be a lot more American White Pelicans around this year than I've noticed in the past. They're the most graceful birds in the sky that I've seen. And they're very graceful when they glide past you in the water too!

These were all taken at Barr Lake State Park using the 70-300G on the A6500. Processed with LR 7.3 and NIK sharpener.

I took a bunch more on a later date & will post them soon.

There's a bald eagle nest on the tree to the right. The black spots are cormorants and the white dots are pelicans. Any shot to the west at Barr Lake includes the mountains.

I loved the light and the environment on this and the next shot.

So graceful & peaceful.

Taking off! (A different pelican from the one above)

The same one from the earlier picture. It flew around some trees and then came right above us. This was a quick shot & I was happy with the camera reaction. I was using Lock On AF - Zone.

18 of them riding the thermals. They're synchronized fliers. A video would have done it more justice.

Newbie Phewbie's gear list:Newbie Phewbie's gear list
Sony a6500 Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Sony E 20mm F2.8 Sigma 30mm F2.8 DN | A +4 more
Sony a6500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow