LR library hicup moving photos

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Carey Brown
Carey Brown Senior Member • Posts: 1,714
LR library hicup moving photos

I have a folder with some images in it. I wanted to move a subset of those pictures to a new folder. I made the new folder inside the original folder. I highlighted the pictures that I wanted to move and then I dragged and dropped them into the new folder.

What I ended up with is a new directory on the hard drive which now contains the subset and the new folder in LR shows the subset. The problem is the old folder in LR still shows those photos. If I try to "remove" those from the original folder they also get removed from the subfolder. I re-synced the original folder and they're back in both the original and new folders. When I go to "show in explorer" the subset photos in both the original and the new folder point to the same Window's folder.

How can I "remove" them from the original folder while keeping them in the new folder? What did I do wrong? Doesn't seem like it should be this difficult.

Carey Brown's gear list:Carey Brown's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Olympus OM-D E-M10 III Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM Canon EF 100mm F2.8L Macro IS USM +9 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow