Any remote control for K-S1 ?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
JahnG
OP JahnG Senior Member • Posts: 2,063
Re: Any remote control for K-S1 ?

Holger Bargen wrote:

You can use any remote control that is made for Pentax cameras for K-S1.

The Pentax IR remote control should work.

I use this very simple IR control for Pentax:

https://www.amazon.com/Foto-Tech-Wireless-Shutter-Release/dp/B00GVHJ5LG/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1527195030&sr=8-7&keywords=remote+control+Pentax&dpID=31-Faeh3VML&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

I don't have exactly the same brand - there are a lot of products available with almost the same design. Make sure that ours is for Pentax. I also use them at my job. Once I bought one of these items and it did not work. I exchanged the battery and it worked fine - mabe it was a little too long in the store ...

Best regards

Holger

Thanks Holger.

So I today went to the camera shop and bought the O-RC1 remote control. I just tested it on my K-S1 and it works !!

It did both autofocus and then release the shutter, exactly as pushing the shutter key. I assume that if I change the AF/MF switch of the camera into MF, then it will only release the shutter, and thus I can do a suitable pre-focus. Anyway, during the weekend I will go out and make tests with the camera on a tripod.

Jahn

JahnG's gear list:JahnG's gear list
Canon PowerShot A650 IS Panasonic ZS100 Pentax K100D Super Pentax K-r Pentax K-S1
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow