Pro-100 can't prevent paper abrasion?!

Started 6 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
NAwlins Contrarian Senior Member • Posts: 2,483
Pro-100 can't prevent paper abrasion?!

I'm trying to print with a Canon Pro-100 on Red River paper for which they suggest using the "Prevent paper abrasion" setting. When I navigate to the box that has that setting,* all of the controls and options in that box** are grayed out. The Prevent paper abrasion box is unchecked, and I cannot check it. Can you tell me why either the Prevent paper abrasion option, and/or all of the options and controls in this box, are unavailable to be controlled?

For whatever it's worth, the Pro-100 is networked with a print server. I've never had any problems in the more than a year it's been in service. I think I've used this option before, but I'm not certain. The computer I'm printing from is Windows 7-32 bit Professional. I have the identical problem both from hitting the print setup button in Lightroom and from Start button -> Devices and Printers etc.

Thanks!

* In the driver, Maintenance tab, Custom Settings button, then the Custom Settings dialog box.

** The Custom Settings dialog box contains are four check-boxes, respectively for "Detects a printable disc in the tray", "Prevent paper abrasion", "Align heads manually", and "Detect paper width"; and a slider for "Ink Drying Wait Time".

NAwlins Contrarian's gear list:NAwlins Contrarian's gear list
Nikon Coolpix S30 Canon PowerShot S110 Sony Alpha DSLR-A580 Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di USD +5 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow