A99ii go-to lens?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
cmac77 Regular Member • Posts: 467
A99ii go-to lens?

When people ask about an everyday lens for the a77ii the standard response is the 16-50 f2.8. I have it, I like it, and it's the lens I use most.

What's the full frame equivalent for the a99ii? I know there is the Zeiss 24-70 f2.8, and I'm sure it's a really nice piece of kit, but it's absurdly expensive.  Sigma and Tamron both have 24-70 f2.8 offerings - are they the best alternative to the Zeiss?

(Back story:  My a77ii got splashed with sea water recently and is reporting that an invalid accessory is fitted. I've cleaned out what I can get to (including taking the top and back off) and have tried a hairdryer, but the message keeps popping up. It's annoying, but I can live with it.

In the process of investigating I broke the main PCB's connector for the rear LCD, so now also the rear LCD doesn't work. Again, annoying but I can live with it. I can always get a used a77ii if I feel like it, and I'm back where I was (but older and wiser).

It does make me think about my next camera though. If no a77iii emerges this year then the a99ii is one obvious way forward.)

cmac77's gear list:cmac77's gear list
Sony a77 II Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Sony DT 35mm F1.8 SAM Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di USD +3 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
osu
osu
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow