From a GX1 to a GX85 or GX9 ?

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
altor31 New Member • Posts: 23
From a GX1 to a GX85 or GX9 ?

Hello,

Firstly, sorry for my english, it's not my native language.

I'm an happy owner of a GX1 for the last 6 years and I want to upgrade my gears, but I'm unable to decide between a GX85 and a GX9 or better lens.

I want to upgrade my gear for low light pictures with moving peoples and without flash.

I want also more contrast and better color management for landscape.

All my picture are taken in RAW and developed with darktable.

I read different posts here about the GX9 but there are more discussions about its name than about the photo quality.

My gears :

My questions :

Will the GX9 sensor give same photo quality as the G9 ? How is it in low and high light ?

For the same price as the GX9, I could buy the GX85 + the panasonic G 1.7/25mm. For my case, what will give the best result ?

Or maybe, I could keep the GX1 and buy a LEICA DG SUMMILUX 25 mm 1.4 ?

If you have other ideas of upgrades combination, don't hesitate ! But the body has to be like the gx1. That's why I prefer the GX85 over the G85 or the G9.

Usage :

Hereafter, some of my best pictures.

Pictures of city by night.

Times square, USA

Bordeaux, France

Landscape

Nikko, Japan

ANSWER:
Panasonic G85 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic Lumix DC-GX9 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow