Smallrig L-Bracket (A9,A7R3,A73) - Pinky Solution & Other Pros

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Fenwayfan77 Forum Member • Posts: 70
Smallrig L-Bracket (A9,A7R3,A73) - Pinky Solution & Other Pros

In case anyone is still on the hunt for a good quality and practical L Bracket for the Sony A9, A7RIII or the A7III, check out the Small Rig L Bracket that was just released Mid-May. It was on a pre-order sale previously for $29.00 but now it's selling for $59.00

http://www.smallrig.com/smallrig-l-bracket-for-sony-a7iii-a7m3-a7riii-a9-2122.html

I had the Kirk L-Bracket which I liked but it was a solid one piece. It made it somewhat cumbersome to use cords in vertical mode or impossible, depending on the specific connection/cord. The RRS solution wasn't for me because of the whole battery door issue. At least I didn't want that solution personally, although I'm sure it works fine for many.

I found the Smallrig L Bracket from youtuber "Daniel Ockeloen", who helped design the L -Bracket with SmallRig, with a bunch of great features I think. Here's his channel and video where he goes over a pre-production unit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyVhGTOyuJA&t=1471s

The main benefit is the extended 20mm grip height for the pinky. See the link above for pics.  It's great for anyone with bigger hands or someone who just wants to lay their pinky down somewhere.

Also, it has an extra mounting screw hole, extending side plate for video work, built in allen wrench and a few other features. Oh yeah, he had smallrig cut some of the metal frame on the bottom so there are recessed slots where one can attach peak design anchors, and still be able to lay the camera down on a flat surface so the anchors aren't squashed by the L bracket and camera.

Now i'm looking to sell my Kirk L-Bracket....Hope this is a solution for some.  I'm a fan.

Sony a9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow