No need for a 12-40 pro ??

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
olyham Regular Member • Posts: 139
No need for a 12-40 pro ??

For a fair while I have covered most of my Photography needs with 12-40 and 40-150 Pro lenses on EM1's and EM5's. For landscapes and architecture I often needed wider so bought a Samyang 7.5 which helped in that area.

Since the Oly 7-14 pro became available I decided I would benefit from it as it is faster and easier to get defish wide images than the Samyang.

What I have found is that I now use the 7-14 for most landscape architecture, close up flower vegetation fungi etc and in fact don't use the 12-40 at all. I also find that the colour/contrast rendering of the 7-14 to be better than the 12-40, and in fact 14mm being equivalent to around 30 mm FF covers a fair bit of general photography.

I am thinking of getting the 7Artisans 35mm f/1.2 to cover ultra fast and general person/walkaround photography.

Has anyone got the 7Artisans in m4/3 form ? and how has it turned out.

Also is there anything anyone can see that I would be missing out on if I sold the 12-40 pro and Samyang 7.5 and bought the 7Artisans ?

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow