New Meike Twin flash problem

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
A Wingnut
A Wingnut Regular Member • Posts: 183
New Meike Twin flash problem

Sorry folks, wasn't sure where to post this. Just got the new Meike twin flash for Sony. Shipped from China and got it in a few weeks.

So my problem is, one of the flashes turns on and works fine. The other fllash attempts to turn on, but keeps flashing green, until it just shuts off, like it's searching for the remote but never finding it. I have read the entire manual three times. The troubleshooting is worthless, it's things like "If flash doesn't turn on, check batteries to make sure they are in correctly. If not, do so...". That's literally it.

They are all set for group A, channel 1, etc.

Hoping someone here has a bit of experience and might know immediately what the problem could be. Would be a real shame if I have to ship back to China.

In better news, my editing is getting a bit better. Still feel like I know so little. Some turn out great (usually flowers), and some turn out just average at best. I need to learn more tricks!

A Wingnut's gear list:A Wingnut's gear list
Sony a6000 Sony Alpha a7R III Sony FE 28mm F2 Sony FE 90mm F2.8 macro Sony FE 70-200mm F2.8 GM OSS
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow