Why a XT100 if the compact camera market is "dying"?

Started 3 weeks ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Batdude
Batdude Senior Member • Posts: 2,925
Why a XT100 if the compact camera market is "dying"?

John Gellings asked to create a new thread, so here it is.

I'm not an expert in this subject but why did Fuji create this X100T is there are already very similar compact cameras? Why didn't Fuji simply improve/upgrade some of the other models that already exist? Why another interchangeable compact camera if the compact camera market is dead?

Me personally am not interested in a XT100. I already have a XH1 and what I wanted, even before buying the XH1, was an upgraded X30 replacement with better AF. I loved the original X10 with the built-in lens because I don't like taking multiple lenses with me everywhere I go all the time, and having to change the lenses at the beach with wind and sand all over the place is something I don't like doing. I don't use my phone, and hate to use it for photos because it sucks and that's why I was about to buy a X30.

Sometimes when I go on vacation I would like to take ONE very fun compact camera with a convenient high quality compact built in zoom lens. To make it short, when I was told in the FinePix Talk forum that Fuji stopped making the X30 as well as some other compact cameras I was in shock. Why did they have to eliminate that fantastic fun camera? To me that was a major mistake. So now why is the XT100 here? I don't get that. I would never buy this camera even at that price.

Batdude's gear list:Batdude's gear list
Nikon D4 Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-H1 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Nikon AF Nikkor 105mm f/2D DC +6 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Fujifilm X10 Fujifilm X100T Fujifilm X30
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow