What do people do with their old/obsolete digital cameras?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Doug Greenberg Regular Member • Posts: 318
What do people do with their old/obsolete digital cameras?

I am asking this question in the Coolpix forum because at this moment I have  several older Coolpix cameras sitting in drawers in my upstairs office. I have a certain fondness for them all, but the truth is that I never use them and looking ahead, they will just become more of the clutter that my children will have to deal with after I am gone.

I have a Coolpix 8400, a Coolpix 995, Coolpix 4500, Coolpix S10, Coolpix S01, and a couple of others. I also have older Sony and Panasonic and Contax models that I don't use.

I could go to the trouble of selling them on ebay, but they fetch so little these days it hardly seems worth it.

Do people donate their old cameras to charity? To schools? Or do we all have drawers filling up with functional but non state of the art cameras?

Doug Greenberg's gear list:Doug Greenberg's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P7800 Nikon 1 V2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Nikon D500 Nikon D850 +9 more
Nikon Coolpix S01
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow