Air-to-air photos (and air-to-ground)

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Barry Pearson
Barry Pearson Veteran Member • Posts: 8,131
Air-to-air photos (and air-to-ground)

I've already posted a couple of photos from my recent flight . Here are some more, in the following replies to this post.

Warning: all in-flight photos were taken through an optically-impure window in the de Havilland Rapide. The face of the pilot of the Spitfire was inside its optically-impure canopy. Don't blame the K-1 or the D FA 28-105mm lens that I used for all of these photos!

I'll try to convey the whole experience, and not just show some photos of aircraft.

The flight was provided by Classic Wings , operating out of IWM Duxford in England . (I'll be shooting there this weekend, 26 and 27 May).

This is the de Havilland Rapide. (Beyond it is another Rapide, which will seen in some of the photos). It has 8 cramped seats. Each seat is next to its own window. So the air-to-air viewing is very good. My seat was on the left, just behind the pilot.

This is the Spitfire. With me leaning on it!

(This photo was taken by a professional photographer just before the flight. When we landed, about half an hour later, I was handed a mounted print of this photo!)

There are about 12 more photos following.

Barry Pearson's gear list:Barry Pearson's gear list
Panasonic LX100 Pentax K-3 II Pentax K-1 II Pentax smc D-FA 100mm F2.8 Macro WR Samyang T-S 24mm F3.5 ED AS UMC +20 more
Pentax FA 28-105mm F3.5-5.6 Pentax K-1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow