Nikon D3400 intervalometer/shutter release

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
SWHamilton New Member • Posts: 1
Nikon D3400 intervalometer/shutter release

Hello everyone, thank you for taking the time to read my first post. I’m an intermediate photographer with experience in 35mm film with the D3400 being my first DSLR

I’ve been having a very difficult time find a compatible intervalometer or remote shutter release for my D3400. Yes, I have the IR stand alone remote. But I want something programmable for time lapse and night sky photography. Using a hand remote for 300-400 shots seems monotonous.

My research has yielded that the 3400 has changed the USB connection from it’s predecessors which makes finding an intervalometer difficult. And the Bluetooth but not WiFi capable also makes it difficult. The videos I have seen using mobile apps have used Samsung devices with IR blasters. Basically, I have an iPhone, which don’t have IR blasters, and I want an intervalometer that will surely work with the D3400. I have quickly realized that Nikon doesn’t keep any feature the same throughout its models, making it very difficult to find answers.

Thank you guys for your help!

Nikon D3 Nikon D3400
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow