Yongnuo YN-E3-RT not connecting with Canon 270EX II

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Shantanu Deshmukh New Member • Posts: 3
Yongnuo YN-E3-RT not connecting with Canon 270EX II

Hi,

I have successfully used Yongnuo speedlight transmitter ST-E2 on Canon 7D using 2 Canon 270EXII flashes for macro photography. This setup worked like a charm.

My trouble started when I decided to upgrade to Canon 5D mark IV. 5D mark IV declined to detect Yongnuo speedlight transmitter ST-E2. After some research and help from senior members on DPReview, I came to conclusion that there are compatibility issues with combination of Canon 5D mark IV and Yongnuo speedlight transmitter ST-E2.

So I decided to test this setup with Yongnuo speedlight transmitter YN-E3-RT, one generation higher than previous one. Thankfully thsi worked as there were no compatibility issues between Canon 5D Mark IV and Yongnuo speedlight transmitter YN-E3-RT. But the trouble I am facing now is that Yongnuo speedlight transmitter YN-E3-RT wouldn't connect with my Canon 270EXII flash. I have been able to check following things.

1. Firmware version for Yongnuo speedlight transmitter YN-E3-RT is 1.24, which seems to be latest.

2. Transmitter mode is setup to ETTL.

3. Flash mode is setup to slave.

4. Transmitter channel is setup to "auto" to allow it to work with any available channels.

Am I missing any setup here? Can someone guide me to resolve this issue?

Thanks in advance.

- Shantanu

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow