Is LX100 really not pocketable? It depends...

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Will O'Neil New Member • Posts: 6
Is LX100 really not pocketable? It depends...

While most of the images I take are with my iPhone, for real photography I always turn to my Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX100. So far as I can see it's still the best truly pocketable camera, at least for my purposes.

So I was amused in scanning through DPReview to read that it isn't really pocketable. I guess if you wear really skinny jeans it may not be — or if you're a gal who wears pocketless clothes — but if you wear big-boy pants, or sweaters or jackets, it fits fine. If the pocket is small I may take off the clip-in flash, but that's not much problem.

The 24mm-72mm equivalent zoom is perfect for landscape, casual architectural photography, and general photography. It's not ideal for action shots or long shots, but those are not serious limitations for me. There are occasions when it might be nice to have more than 13 MP, but they don't come along very often for me. (To each his own, of course.)

The straight JPEG output is only so-so but the only time I don't shoot RAW is when I use the built-in HDR, which works pretty well. I process the HDR JPEG output as RAW and find that there is a lot of latitude for adjustment.

The only add-ons I find need for are an auto-opening lens cap and a low-profile circular polarizer.

And it's pretty affordable.

Panasonic LX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow