E-M10 Mk II AF, I must be doing something wrong...

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
vidrazor Regular Member • Posts: 207
E-M10 Mk II AF, I must be doing something wrong...

...so I've spent a few days now with the E-M10 Mk II, and I'm having a hard time locking on to things, even in bright sun! I have it set to AF-S, and I have the face detect on i setting. Should I turn off face detect (the thought just crossed my mind as I write this)? I find if odd that this camera should be having such a hard time autofocusing. My Panny GM5 focuses much better with just 23 focus points versus the E-M10 Mk II's 81!

Is it a setting I'm overlooking? I've changed the focus area from normal to small, and back, but it seems to have no effect. The camera suffers most in low light. I know all these cameras do, but my GM5 and Nikon J4 (which is Contrast Detect in low light) fare much better in low light.

Is it a "Panny lenses on an Oly body"-type thing? The lenses are the 12-32 and 45-150 Pannys, or I should say partially were. Today the 12-32 just rolled out of my pocket and into a lake as I crouched over to take a low angle shot with the 45-150. Ouch.

Sooo... as such, I'm gonna exchange my body-only purchase to a E-M10 Mk II w/kit lens tomorrow. This way I "only" pay $50 for a replacement kit lens, albeit one with a narrower FOV and no built-in IS. I'll look to see if AF is any better with the Oly lens. Still, I suspect I need to turn something on, or off, somewhere. This AF just seems too crappy, or is it what it is with this body?

Thanks for any info on this.

Nikon 1 J4 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow