TG-5 NOT ENOUGH ZOOM-SUGGESTIONS?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
TEN64 New Member • Posts: 3
TG-5 NOT ENOUGH ZOOM-SUGGESTIONS?

I am at best an amateur and recently purchased the TG-5 for its underwater use and thought expandability. I have only owned Olympus digital Stylus P&S cameras with a max zoom of 10X at 16MP. I am wondering if the TCON 101 telephoto converter for the TG-5 is worth purchasing for the added zoom. Or would my money be better spent on another camera? I am thinking a superzoom like the Panasonic FZ80, Nikon B500, or Canon SX530. I really would like to stay with Olympus for the software and great photo quality but they no longer offer any zoom type cameras other than the Tg-5. From what I am reading from past articles and reviews the SH-3 would be great for my needs, a camera with the added zoom to pick up the occasional deer or water fowl. It also has the wi-fi link to use the OI share application on my iPhone.

I am also toying with purchasing the OM-D E-M10 Mark II with the 14-42mm & 55-200mm standard lens at a higher cost than the superzooms above.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks for your help.

Taken with my TG-5

TEN64's gear list:TEN64's gear list
Olympus TG-5
Canon PowerShot SX530 Nikon Coolpix B500 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus Stylus SH-3 Olympus TG-5 Panasonic FZ80/FZ82
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow