Best Settings - Daytime and Nightime HS Baseball

Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
cmm2413 New Member • Posts: 2
Best Settings - Daytime and Nightime HS Baseball

Hello! I have stumbled onto this site and this is my first post. Hoping I can get some help.

I have a Canon EOS Rebel T5i with EF-S 55-250mm STM IS f/4.0-5.6 Telephoto Zoom Lens. These came in a kit with some other stuff I purchased on Amazon 3 years ago. I had no idea what I was doing at the time and probably should've figured it out before I bought something. At this point I cannot afford to spend much (if anything) on a new lens.

Until just recently I was always using the Sports mode on the camera to shoot pictures of youth baseball, football, track, etc. I'd get as close as I could to the action and zoom in as much as I could and just hold down the button. Needless to say, I came back from each event with hundreds of photos with the hope that one would turn out "cool". I am now reading all sorts of stuff on how you shouldn't use the Sports mode, but rather the AV mode with different settings. My problem is...I have no clue what half of these things even are.

Knowing that I am stuck with what I have at this point, what settings would you recommend for daytime and also nighttime high school baseball. I can usually get pretty close to the fence, but am generally taking pictures "thru" the fence. My son plays middle infield, but I also like to get shots of his teammates in the outfield, batting, etc.

I have attached a few pictures I took at last night's game. I know the one of him jogging off the field has not been edited. I was messing around in Photoshop Elements late, late last night with the other photo. It was late. And I'm not all that familiar with Elements yet, so honestly...I don't remember if the editing attempts saved or not. Daytime photos don't seem to give me much trouble, but suggestions on settings still appreciated.

I apologize in advance if this should be in the sports section.

Thanks!

I should add in...I'm open to suggestions on a BUDGET lens that might help me out, but I'm guessing there really isn't such a thing. 

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 700D (EOS Rebel T5i / EOS Kiss X7i)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow