Does the Panasonic GX9 & 14-140mm kit combo support Dual I.S. ?

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
John-titor
John-titor New Member • Posts: 13
Does the Panasonic GX9 & 14-140mm kit combo support Dual I.S. ?

Hi,

i responded with this question to a other topic but it might be read more when I ask it as a new question, sorry for this.

I just bought a gx9 and 14-140 kit and I am trying to get the duel I.s. to work on the 14-140 but I can’t.

the lens is compatible and the body should support dual i.s. but yet it is not working . I can only choose from lens or body. No hand image with the word dual i.s. To be found in the menu like is shown in the manual.

I heard from a Panasonic employee only the 12-60 lens is compatible I can hardly believe that but maybe it’s true maybe you can shine a light on this for me .

I got it with a 140mm zoom and expected the dual i.s. To work on the long end. The camera makes it sound independent of what I select on stabilization in the menu and it does not change when I flip the lens stabilizer on or off.

is the lens supposed to make a sound like the body? (Trying to determine if I got a broken optic)

I updated the body to the new firmware the lens is already on the latest firmware from end 2016 and should support it.

so if the lens is supporting dual I.s. And the body is, could it still be that the combination must be right to and for the gx9 it is not? And is is plausible they will get it working in the near future.

anyone shooting with this lens combo that can comment on how I can expect this to work?

thanks in advance for your time.

john,

Ps. I made a video of it, here https

://youtu.be/l8_8nmtxC5w

ANSWER:
Panasonic Lumix DC-GX9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow