A-mount lens focus speed on A6500?

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
NAwlins Contrarian Senior Member • Posts: 2,169
A-mount lens focus speed on A6500?

How fast does the A6500 focus A-mount SSM lenses with the LA-EA3? How does this combination's focus speed compare to their focusing speed on A-mount cameras (especially my A580)? How does this combination's focus speed compare to native E-mount lenses' focus speed? In case it matters, the two lenses I'm most interested in are the DT 16-50mm f/2.8 SSM and the Tamron SP 70-300mm f/4-5.6 Di USD.

Background: my trusty A580 started showing mechanical problems today. If I have to replace it, it would probably make more sense to get an E-mount body and an adapter. But any replacement would have to focus quickly with an adapter and the DT 16-50mm f/2.8 SSM and the Tamron SP 70-300mm f/4-5.6 Di USD and without using a mirror--i.e., the LA-EA4 is a non-starter for me (please just accept this constraint--I don't want to argue it).

There does not seem to be an adequate (for me) replacement for either lens in E-mount. There's really nothing as sharp over the same range, or as fast, as the 16-50mm f/2.8; and although the FE 70-300mm G would be fine, spending $1000 on it would not be.

So what can you tell me? Thanks!

NAwlins Contrarian's gear list:NAwlins Contrarian's gear list
Nikon Coolpix S30 Canon PowerShot S110 Sony Alpha DSLR-A580 Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di USD +5 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sony a6500 Sony DT 16-50mm F2.8 SSM Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di USD
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow