16-80mm f/2.8 or Samyang 16mm f/2.0 for night photography on a D7500

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
rzielke New Member • Posts: 2
16-80mm f/2.8 or Samyang 16mm f/2.0 for night photography on a D7500

I posted this in the astro forum, but I don't seem to be getting any responses so I was hoping maybe someone here has done the same comparison. I have a trip coming up to Africa soon and I have both the 16-80mm f/2.8 and the Samyang 16mm f/2.0 lenses. I recently got the 16-80 after purchasing it as part of a kit with the D7500 but now I'm torn on which to bring for night photography in Namibia. The 16-80 is a little lighter and a little more useful for other types of photography, but not as fast as the Samyang. I've done a bit of googling and some searching on the forum here and I haven't found a direct comparison between these two relative to astro/night photography so any opinions as which to choose to take would be much appreciated. I only have room for one or the other in my bag due to limited baggage restrictions. Thanks in advance!

Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-80mm F2.8-4E ED VR Nikon D7500 Samyang 16mm f/2.0 ED AS UMC CS
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow